Mobile Medical Units are now an integral part of the general health system, offering services to remote or difficult-to-reach populations. These can be used to increase access to TB diagnostic and treatment services in the communities they serve.
The corporate could purchase a van, fabricate it with project name, company logos and key TB messages and fit it with the required medical equipment like X-Ray machine. To operate this van, the project would need the services of a project coordinator (part time), technician, field officers, MIS officer, driver and spend of fuel and maintenance.
- Increased door to door screening for populations with limited access to health facilities
- Establishing linkages between the patients and government services
- State-of-the-art laboratory investigation services delivered at the doorstep of patients, reducing the delay in diagnosis
- Outreach camps to sensitize communities and increase awareness
- Corporate brand positioning in the community
Capital Cost – INR 70 – 75 lakhs
Operational Cost – INR 30 Lakh per annum
Support from CTP Secretariat
- Project designing
- Establishing linkages with the State/District TB Cell
- Technical support for e.g. guidelines/regulations to follow for X-ray vans
- Facilitating private-private partnerships (with other corporates)